Worship services will be online until we are safely able to meet together again. Click on Facebook Logo below to reach Advent's Facebook page for the live services. Links to PDF files for the Sunday bulletin and lessons will be in the What's New section below and on the 9:30 AM Worship Page.
After each worship service is recorded, we will also add it to the Worship Videos page under the Worship Tab.
TO ADVENT LUTHERAN CHURCH
"So that all may know Christ's love"
Follow Advent on
This section contains our most recent announcements. For additional previous announcements, go to WHAT'S NEW under the NEWS tab. To find some helpful COVID-19 Resources, go to the COVID-19 RESOURCES under the NEWS tab.
Please join us Sunday, August 9 for Online Worship!
Sunday Morning Worship - 9:30 a.m. August 9 Bulletin
After the 9:30 service, join us for coffee hour via zoom! Contact Pastor Barb if you need the link.
The service can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/adventwestminsterco/ . Or you may access it through a on our website after the service over.
For those who wish to learn more about anti-racism, the current book study group discussing "America's Original Sin" compiled a list of resources. Thank you book study.
A message from Thrivent:
The Thrivent Member Network - Rocky Mountain Region wants to raise awareness and donations to impact food insecurity in our communities.
From August 3 to August 9 we will match every $1 donated to five non-profit organizations we have partnered with during this generosity challenge. See below to click on the link to donate to the non-profit listed. During the COVID-19 pandemic we know that food banks have seen a surge in need with millions unemployed. These food banks have become a lifeline for many Americans. No one should go hungry. Our hope with this generosity challenge is to raise awareness in our region and raise funds for these five non-profit organizations. Together we can make a difference to help food insecurity in our communities.
Did you know that even a few dollars can help provide a meal for an entire family? Please consider donating today to one of these organizations and having your generous donation matched.*
*Donations made online through the designated non-profit Thrivent link will be matched $1 for $1 raised up to $10,000 per non-profit for a total matched in the region of $50,000. Thrivent will cover the processing fees for all online donations made during the Generosity Challenge. This means 100% of the donation goes to the non-profit organization.
New shirt. Same heart for generosity. Vote August 3-7.
You love making a difference. We know you love wearing Thrivent’s Live Generously t-shirts, too. And for the first time ever, you get to help choose the new design of the Thrivent Action Team t-shirts through our annual t-shirt vote. Check out the voting options at thrivent.com/theshirt. By engaging in our programs and sharing Thrivent with your networks, we’ll be able to realize our purpose, together. Be sure to tell your friends, family and those you volunteer alongside about the opportunity to vote and help pick the design of the next Thrivent Action Team t-shirt. Voting begins August 3.
Stewardship Theme Contest: It's that time of year! We're heading into our stewardship season.
The 2019-2020 Advent Stewardship theme was "Forward in Faith". This year, the stewardship team is appealing to the creativity of our congregation to help us name the 'theme' of this year's campaign. The winning theme will be selected by the Stewardship Team, and the winner will receive a $25 King Soopers Gift Card.
Here are the rules:
1. The contest is open to all children and adults of the congregation
2. Entries are not limited (give us all you got)
3. The theme must capture the spirit of the Advent stewardship season in the midst of 2020-2021
4. Themes must be submitted in writing to Nyssa Beach by the end of the day on August 9th. (firstname.lastname@example.org, or text: 303-746-8639)
5. The winner will be announced after the August 10th Stewardship Team Meeting
Please respond with any additional questions and good luck!
Yoga will continue on Mondays (virtually) most likely through the end of the year.
We are already planning to hold yoga on Monday's at Advent in 2021, which gives us something to look forward to!
Tomorrow night - Friday, August 7 - we premiere our next Project Audion recreation - an episode of the police drama "The Line-Up" which hasn't been heard since it was originally broadcast in January 1952. I think you'll like this version - there are some truly excellent characterizations throughout, starting with the four leads: Audion newcomer Chris Marcellus, Angela Young, Dan Keenan, and Ed Dennis. Ed plays the lead cop (which was portrayed in 1952 by Bill Johnstone, who was a former "Shadow") and is very convincing in the part. He should be - Ed spent four decades in police work himself. It's typecasting of the most reasonable sort. He even used his own handcuffs in the show's final scene. We strive to sound authentic, and you'll enjoy the results
Also in this episode - John Bell, Barry Katz, Kim Titus, Denny Thompson, and Tom Wilkins. Ken Raney handled the manual Sound effects and Denny Thompson directed the production.
Please tell your friends and radio-troupe mailing list about "The Scared Schoolmarm Scrape" (they sure invented some funny titles for such a serious show), and share the images below.
Then watch starting tomorrow night at 7PM Mountain time on
https://Facebook.com/ProjectAudion or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ_WYmC39lplIqZ5VZtdQqw.
Advent is hosting a School Supply drive this year for Gregory Hills Elementary. This is something we look forward to doing every summer and since school should be resuming in the fall, they can definitely use the supplies!
Here is a list of what is needed :
- short/thin markets (primary colors)
- water color paints
- play dough
- pencil boxes
- bottles of glue
- glue sticks
- dry erase markers (thin)
- safety scissors
- colored pencils
- childrens size face masks (disposable or cloth)
Please leave donations in the back bin located between the two sheds. We will be running this fundraising drive through August 9th. Please specify on your donation that it is for "school supply drive".
“FOOD RESCUE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Growing Home, a local non-profit organization dedicated to creating a thriving and equitable North Metro Denver one family at a time, is in need of volunteers to assist with their daily morning grocery store food pick-ups. If you are interested in signing up or learning more, please complete the interest form located on their website: https://growinghome.org/volunteer/ or contact Iris Abraham at email@example.com ”
If you come into Advent, either for church business or to be part of the Saturday worship, please remember to sign the sign-in sheet.
This is extremely important for "contact tracing" purposes due to Covid-19.
A BIG THANK YOU! to those who are keeping the gardens at Advent looking beautiful during the times we aren't together.
Special shout out to the Vespoli's who have been extremely involved in maintaining the grounds.
Saturday recording of Sunday Worship
In response to your input and considering the information and guidelines available to us from the State of Colorado, we would like to invite you to be present in worship on a rotating basis while we record the worship services on Saturday Afternoons. We can safely and legally welcome about 10 folks beyond the production crew into the sanctuary within the guidelines provided.
Here is what that would look like:
- We will remind you through Thursday and Saturday emails that this opportunity is available. You will need to respond back to Natalie (firstname.lastname@example.org OR this email address) and let her know the Saturday you plan to attend and how many you will be bringing. Please try to do this no later than the Friday morning before. If we have an overwhelming response, you may be asked to wait until the following week.
- Worship Services are held on Saturday's at 3 pm. We tape them ahead of time to tackle the dilemma we have had with our live services not streaming at 100%. This means you would be here at church to be a part of the worship on Saturdays at 3 p.m.
- Later dates can be requested. We will keep track of this.
- Please do not plan on coming every Saturday so that we can rotate people (remember our max capacity is 10 so we will do our best to allow everyone an equal opportunity to be physically present as often as they would feel safe.
- Masks and social distancing are critical to this plan. You may sit with your family, but you will not be allowed to sit next to a friend you haven't seen in awhile. Masks will be required the whole time you are in the building. We must stay vigilant in protecting you and those around us to help alleviate the spread of covid. We may remind you to keep your distance to 6 feet when socializing. Please take no offense!
- Someone will be signing you in. This is for contact tracing purposes and is very important. If we hear of someone possibly having the virus, it is Advent's responsibility to reach out to those individuals who had accessed the church during that time.
- We will have masks and gloves available if you do not bring your own.
- If you would like to read/ participate during the Saturday worship, please let us know when you email your request.
And that's it! Phew that was a doozy! But we are so excited to bring back a little slice of normalcy to Advent! Please email us with any questions you may have. This is all new for us and we are going to get through this together. AND if you don't feel like now is a comfortable time to return to the church building, remember the building may be closed, but the church is always open! We will still be online streaming the services and you will have the ability to watch every Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. Then join us for the 10:45 Sunday coffee hour on Zoom and let us know how we as a community can continue to connect and encourage each other through these challenging days.
King Soopers Rewards Program Made Easier!!!
The rewards program has made a change. You will no longer need to reload your gift card after March 31, 2019. All you need to do is swipe your King Soopers card or put in your linked phone number at checkout and gas pumps. You can use your loaded funds on your gift card until empty but any funds loaded after 3/31 will no longer be credited to Advent.
AS ALWAYS, this program costs you nothing to contribute!
YOU MUST go into your online King Soopers Card account and add Advent to your community rewards selection. This is how you do it!
1. Go to and sign into your account, if you don’t have one, you need to sign up for one.
2. Next select the Savings & Rewards tab and scroll to the community rewards programs. Select Enroll Now
3. In search bar, type in Advent Lutheran Church, select and now you are enrolled.
4. Now you will see a confirmation that Advent Lutheran Church is your contribution account.